Matinicus Isle Plantation Postal History
Knox County, Maine

last update for this page: 26 April 2019

Maine Postal History ------ Waterville Stamp Club

Postmarks from Matinicus Isle Plantation include:


1852 March 15:
   Matinicus post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

2001 September 21:
   The single-circle postmark is 33–35 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is 21–22 mm. The outer circle of the double-circle postmark is 29–31 in diameter; the inner, 19–20 mm.
      Click on image to enlarge.

   Matinicus post office is still in operation.